Becoming a Supplier
This section details the requirments to become a Supplier for Britishfoodmart
Third Party Independent Inspection
- Each factory/final pack site will be required to have a BRC Audit
- The scope of the inspection as detailed on the BRC certificate needs to cover all the product types which will be supplied to Britishfoodmart
- Factories must attain a Grade A, B or C and must remain in certification at all times
- Failure to obtain the above grades will affect your supply status with Britishfoodmart and could result in withdrawal of the product from store
- All Britishfoodmart Brand products are tested at First Production – Nutritionally / Microbiologically and analytically as appropriate
- Products also undergo surveillance testing – frequency is determined from a risk assessment of the product
- Customer complaints may also need testing as part of the investigation process
- All tests are carried out by independent accredited laboratory based in the UK
- Suppliers are able to access their results.
Product Quality is measured in a number of ways:
Britishfoodmart Product Managers closely monitor customer complaints and issues are discussed at weekly team meetings.
Panels are used to:
- Ensure ongoing product consistency
- Determine our position in the marketplace
- Gain customer feedback
- Validate Brand Hierarchy
- Customer Complaints
Britishfoodmart uses two different systems to collect Customer Complaint Data and Defective Returns.
Britishfoodmart Expects – All supply sites to have a documented system in place to detail how any potential or actual breach of food safety, quality requirements or legality will be managed.
A major incident often results in the Withdraw or Recall of products.
A product quality issue is identified – E.g. Out of spec product, incorrect date coding. An entire product line or specific date code is withdrawn from store & depot.
A product is found to be unsafe and/or illegal. E.g. Serious Foreign Body contamination, unacceptable levels of a food poisoning organism. In addition to a withdrawal, a recall requires displays boards in store and national press coverage.
Incident Management – Information to Have to Hand
On direct contact, inform the relevant Britishfoodmart personnel of the following details:
- Scale of the issue
- Site code
- Supplier Name, your name, address and telephone number
- Brief description of the problem
- Brand name of product involved
- Product description
- Pack size, flavour, type of packaging (i.e: single, multipack etc)
- Details of production code/Use By or Best Before Date on pack
- Location of affected stock
- Corrective action taken to date
Are any of the following people involved:
- Police / Environmental Health / Trading Standards
If you are eligible in becoming a supplier partner and want to help us serve customers a little better every day, please Contact us.