Britishfoodmart take your privacy very seriously and treat all your personal information as confidential. To find out more scroll below.
When setting up an account, you will be asked to provide us with your name, billing address and delivery address details, your email address, telephone number and a password. We will also require your credit/debit card details, when you are placing an order.
We may also collect information about you such as your name, address and contact details where you enter a competition or prize-draw we are operating.
We may obtain information about your usage of our site to help us develop and improve it further
What Do We Use Your Information For?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To serve website content to you
- To handle orders, deliver products, process payments and refunds and provide statements
- To communicate with you about your orders
- To provide your e-receipt to you
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details
- For our statistical or survey purposes to improve our site and our services to you.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- To contact you by email, post, or telephone, to ask you for feedback and comments on our services
- If you consent, to notify you by email of Group products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you.
- For our statistical, survey and customer service purposes to improve our site and blog and our services to you and other customers.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your information to members of our Group for the purposes listed above.
We do not store customer credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
We may disclose your personal information to carefully selected service providers and agents who operate elements of our web site service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution and business partners who provide delivery fulfillment services.
From time to time we may also provide your information to carefully selected customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes, on our behalf, so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide for you and other customers.
Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies and any successors in title to our business.
We do not hold your credit card details. Financial transactions take place directly and securely with our payment handling provider.
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by logging onto your ‘My Account’ on our site.
Third Party Services
We may from time to time make available through our site certain services provided by third parties. To gain access to these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can check, supplement and update the information you have provided by accessing your “Settings” section of your account. You may also close your Britishfoodmart account by contacting us using the methods provided below.
If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate it, and remove your personal data. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login, access your personal information. You can however, open a new account at any time.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our Website. If you save such payment details in your account on Britishfoodmart , you will be able to add, delete or modify that information at any time during which your account remains open in Account Settings.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time during which your account remains open through the Subscriptions page in your member account.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. Please find below more details and information on how and when you can exercise your rights. We will respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may request us to receive the personal data that concern you. You may also request us to send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. You only have this right if it regards personal data you have provided us, the processing is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
The information which we collect about you may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. In the event of such transfer, we will ensure the adequate standard of security is in place for example by incorporating the European Commission approved clauses into our agreements with such third parties to ensure the security of your personal data. A copy of the European Commission approved model clauses is available here:http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087u0026amp;from=en